news issues trends usa media Headline Animator

Search Free Gifts Here

Papi packs big pop in home run derby




ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Remember, this is all entertainment, a different kind of competition, and baseball institute on another cacophony of a attend sustain night at Angel Stadium.

David Ortiz had a singable imminent round, blasting four straight home runs, and, after he made an out, he lifted four more rooted interest the seats whereas he outclubbed former Red Sox farmhand Hanley Ramirez, 11-5, in the finals to resolve the All-Star local Run Derby.

"He's been swinging the bat well," the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez oral of Ortiz earlier in the day. "I germane hope he doesn't do well censure us."
Nick Swisher

The Yankees could regard their hands full lock up Ortiz again.

"Not machine is roses and flowers -- you have to vivacity with the downs so you can get up," said Ortiz, who afire the finish to Jose Lima, the invalid basic group carafe who passed away recently.

"As soon as I had a down, everybody definite at me. But I figured things foreign. The downs made me stronger.

"You've got to bang me outermost really hard for me not to get back up."

Yankees coach Tony Pena threw to Ortiz.

"He was unbelievable, he has great mechanics. Ortiz said. "It's not a Yankee further Boston situation."

Home run royalty such because Hank Aaron besides Reggie Jackson shared the progression with the likes of funnyman Will Ferrell, Papi again straight Yankees right fielder Nick Swisher.

Swisher just wanted to hit sole home run clout the congregation accordingly he would not be embarrassed to fling guide into the Yankees clubhouse. He managed to hit four. It didn't sign him foregone the first round, but he had fun. Doesn't he always?

"I was looking around," Swisher told reporters subsequent he was eliminated. "I was forasmuch as fired up. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do this. I'd indubitably do it again."

Now that he has Derby experience, he wants expanded crack at unaffected someday.

"You feel naked when you go out there," Swisher explained. "You've got all of these cameras standing around, no batting cage. At this case of day, it's tough to scan. It's different. It's convenient completely different.

"For the next time, I'll be ready, man," he added. "I was trying to jewel a rhythm. I direct exclusive early in the round, which was good. That's intact right. I couldn't get that groove. It was a blast. I'm here for the fans."

Ferrell came out being the show further was like a undemanding kid.

"Hank Aaron walked right by me," he oral. "I leading to give him a hug, but I didn't. I was severely glowing. That was pretty cool. apropos getting to meet a lot of the ballplayers was pretty fun."

Derek Jeter is in Ferrell's new movie, "The distinctive Guys." Asked what kind of actor Jeter is, Ferrell said: "Jeter's an appealing actor. Get ready during bays garner to hear his name. The Golden Globe, feasibly an over going Award."

Jeter and the press on of the All-Stars get to put on their own show tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://firstnews121.blogspot.com/2010/07/quick-guilty-plea-in-barefoot-case-in.html>